Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MY Contribution to RURAL DEVELOPMENT - An EVS assignment I submitted.


Developing the rural people includes a sustainable growth in agriculture, education, cultural & economic status. We rely on developing everyone’s economic status as a development but it won’t cultivate people about the sources they have, rather simply they can lead a rich life.

I haven’t contributed much to the rural development till date, but I have great intention to contribute myself for the development of rural people.

During my higher secondary education I was a member of NSS. We are the first set for NSS in our school. We haunted a primary school of Ladanenthal (a village on the way to Ramnad from Madurai belongs to Tamilnadu) during our quarterly holidays. We were forced to choose that village because it was our chairman Mr.Muthuramalingam’s native.

I have forgotten the strength of our crew and our team accompanied by தமிழ் ஐயா திரு. ராஜேந்திரன் (சில மாதங்களுக்கு முன்பு காலமானார்) & Mr.Babu Maths staff. Our daily work is cleaning the road side areas & areas where people use to visit often like temple, mosque we usually do work at early morning & at evening. In our leisure time we spent hours by playing, listening to music.

Everyday evening cultural were arranged for the villagers such as dramas, debates, dances, entertaining shows. A chief guest was also invited for the cultural, to have gala time with us.

Some days we had back breaking job under the scorching sun, while cleaning a pond & laying drainage pipes at places. An open drainage system with improper sanitation was made into closed one by digging and installing PVC pipes.

After hard toil we could change some of their environment, we didn’t teach them anything but we entertained them with cultural events. Some of the village youths voluntarily & enthusiastically took part in our works.

At college after missing my chance of being a member in NCC during my first year. I became a cadet in second year. NCC is not as much as a social oriented program but it is military oriented program with lot of determination & perseverance work. Rally might be an awareness program among the youth who are going to be the pillars of the nation tomorrow.

A staff at my college library took me to their village, to teach some students who were preparing for police exam, I taught them some maths with the question papers they had & some shortcut calculations.

I have great interest in involve myself in activities of this kind & might be in future I may indulge in any one of the activities at least for a rural student’s education, or by sponsoring money to the associations which are helping in developing rural areas.

Suppose I choose to live a bachelor life in future I will work for the rural development to the best of my knowledge & ability.

Note: this article & the previous one are corrected by Ms.Viji , we are like mom & child.

1 comment:

  1. Plz do continue ur work in future too with the same spirit...

    ReplyDelete